Marine Corps Civilian Safety Professional of the Year Award
Award Marine Corps civilian SOH employees for significant contributions to the Marine Corps Safety Management System
All Marine Corps SOH duty civilians.
Packages must describe the significant contributions and noteworthy accomplishments that the individual made to the Marine Corps Safety Management System during the fiscal year. Considerations:
- Accomplishments and innovations the nominee developed that reduced mishaps or increased the effectiveness of mishap prevention efforts.
- Incorporation of risk management principles and techniques.
- Participation in activities and recognition by local, national, and/or international safety agencies outside of the Marine Corps.
- Contributions to mishap and incident investigations.
- Contributions to safety publications.
- Mishap investigation reports and analysis.
Requirements for Submission
The award will be judged on the criteria required by MCO 5100.29C.
Submit award nominations to
Commandant of the Marine Corps (SD)
Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps
701 S. Courthouse Rd, Suite 20050
Arlington, VA 22204-2190
The Deputy Director, Safety Division, will annually convene the Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards Board with representatives from each of the Safety Division functional areas to review award nominations and make recommendations to the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.
All qualifying nominees will automatically be considered for the Department of the Navy Safety Excellence Awards for Marine Corps Ground Safety.