Command Culture Workshops
Unit commanders shall invest time, energy and presence in the health of their command safety management system, and seek a command climate focused on operational readiness and doing things the right way. Command culture workshops are valuable tools for receiving feedback from the members of the unit. These workshops are powerful tools to improve communication and trust within a unit. Their utility is directly related to the commander’s approach to using them, and it requires engagement in the process through pre-briefs and out-briefs to the unit.
Requesting a Command Culture Workshop
Aviation Command Culture Workshops
To request an Aviation Command Culture Workshop, include the information below in an email to CDR Stefanie VanMeter (email@example.com).
Ground Command Culture Workshops
To request an Ground Command Culture Workshop, include the information below in an email to M_HQMC_SD_Command_Culture_Workshop_UD@usmc.mil (this email address can be found in the GAL under the name "Command Culture Workshop").
Information to Include in Your Culture Workshop Request
- POC name, phone number (commercial and DSN), and email address
- CO's name, phone number (commercial and DSN), and email address
- Unit name and UIC
- For Aviation, include T/M/S
- Installation where the workshop is requested (e.g., NAS Oceana, Virginia Beach, VA), including physical address, no PO Box
- Primary and secondary dates for workshop, which is a three-day process
- Additional information if required (please include any limitations to scheduling, flight line security procedures, local COVID requirements or restrictions for incoming facilitators, etc.)
For more information about Command Culture Workshops, reference MCO 1500.29C, Volume 1, Chapter 6, Safety Assurance, Section 0604, Safety Climate Surveys and Culture Workshops.