Marine Corps Achievement Award
To recognize individuals for significant contributions and in the field of safety and mishap prevention.
All Marine Corps commands.
Commands shall submit award nomination packages by group as described below that has established the most outstanding safety program:
- The following groupings are based on average population. Commands will apply only for the Achievement in Safety awards according to their average population.
- In determining average population, include all personnel (military and civilian, appropriated fund and non-appropriated fund), for whom safety services are provided.
Installations will include all military family members, and government contractors.
- Group I: Average population is over 10,000.
- Group II: Average population is 5,000 - 9,999.
- Group III: Average population is 1,000 - 4,999.
- Group IV: Average population is less than 1,000.
Requirements for Submission
The award will be judged on the criteria required by MCO 5100.32A, enclosure (3).
Submit award nominations, post-marked no later than 15 December, to the following address:
Commandant of the Marine Corps (SD)
Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps
701 S. Courthouse Rd, Suite 20050
Arlington, VA 22204-2190
Extensions will not be granted.
The Deputy Director, Safety Division, will annually convene the Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards Board with representatives from each of the Safety Division functional areas to review award nominations and make recommendations to the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.
All qualifying nominees will automatically be considered for the Department of the Navy Safety Excellence Awards for Marine Corps Ground Safety.
Recognition for Recipients
Commemorative wall plaque and a Marine Corps Safety Division commemorative coin.
MCO 5100.32A (PDF)